I’m retiring from my day job March 30, 2013, and I’m counting the days.
Oh, The Places you’ll go! You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the guy who’ll decide where to go.
Well, I have 61 days until I retire. That’s 1,464 hours; 87,840 minutes, 5,270,400 seconds.
- Publish my e-books (I have 5 in varying stages of completion, but I always start editing them again when I decide to upload them to Amazon).
- Publish my NaNoWriMo novel this year. (I’ve participated in and written 50,000 words for ‘national novel writing month’ every November since 2004, but have never edited, rewritten or published any of them.)
- Start sending out query a week, instead of every now and them. (Follow-up on the submission to Victoria Magazine – haven’t heard back from my last query a few months ago. Last published with them in 2008.)
- Hang a photography show at a local gallery: (Two galleries are interested, but although I have the slides picked out, I have yet to get them digitized, printed, matted…)
- Ditto Art show (I’ve been painting and drawing again, but not as much as I can.)
- Start back to yoga classes (it’s been 5 years of gonna, and I’m still pretty limber.
There are more, but this is the enough to start with.
This list ends with ‘Move to Some Beach Some Where’. I’ll have to add – visit some beaches between now and then so I can make an informed decision. I’m leaning toward Virginia Beach so I can visit the ARE library on a regular basis. – tick, tick, tick…