Talking to a friend on the phone this past Monday, she commented that omg it’s practically November. I looked up from my coffee to the kitchen calendar and noted that in my Kitchen, it already was November and it was already booked solid – omg indeed.
I had turned the page early Sunday morning to jot more than a few items down for November and as I could see from Sunday the 26th all the way through to November 1, I just migrated the few events left in October to the November page.
Yes I still use a real calendar, two actually. I have one in the kitchen for day to day life and one in my Aerie (that’s what I call my office/studio where I write and paint) for various deadlines and some duplication of the kitchen calendar. Later I will put everything into my Google calendar which syncs with my iPhone calendar. If they aren’t already there that is.
So, I’ve been looking at November since last Sunday, and still November 1 surprises me with all that I have committed to do this month.
- Write a 50,000 word novel for National Novel Writing Month – NanoWriMo.org
- Post a Blog a day for Blogher.com’s NaBloPoMo.
- Enter 3 poems in the Two Sylvias Press competition for the Russell Prize due tomorrow.
- Write a brand new poem and submit by the 30th to Hermeneutic Chaos Literary Journal competition for the Jane Lumley Prize.
Oh, and lest I forget,
- Luncheon lecture at Lister Hill next week – History of Medicine thru the Ages.
- Three open house events I never miss in the little neighborhoods which make up some of Birmingham: Homewood, English Village, and PepperPlace.
- Three or four of my favorite art galleries all have November Christmas shows.
Oh, and then there’s
- Thanksgiving – the family gathers and cooks and it all starts the day before and runs through the weekend.
What’s your November look like?